Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mojo Crepes

Ok, so I looooove crepes. My love of crepes started in college when I use to hike, yes, hike down to a crepe stand at the end of the PSU park blocks (that is far for campus standards)! I think it was across the street from Bush Garden and behind Nordstroms... does anyone remember that? Is it still even around? Ok, I just googled it. It's still around and it's called Snow White Crepe Cart (has it always been called that?...right over my head).

Anyway, I realize there are a few other creperies in town, but the one that I think deserves the most attention right now is Mojo Crepes on SE Division. Have you heard of it? I'd be surprised if you hadn't, since I heard about Mojo's from three different people on the same exact day! My friend Tran has already beat me to the punch by posting a blog on her experience there. They've only been opened for a few short months and already, their reputation far precedes them! Owners Mo, Jon (rumored to be from San Fran) and their mascot Mojo are quickly becoming the talk of the town.

And like with any town, you get tired of the usual fillers. You meet up with friends for a quick hour or two to catch up, but you're not in the mood to drink, it's too late in the day for a coffee, it's too cold for frozen yogurt (sorry Skinnidip), you're not hungry enough to eat a full on meal, but you want something more satisfying than a tapioca pearl.... the new alternative on the east side?! Crepes!

I dragged my friend Yen (yes, this is Yen blogging, not Michael and in case you guys didn't know already know, we have a friend who's also named Yen) there today since we needed a place to hang out while she did some reading and I (pretended) to job hunt. Their menu consists of a variety of fruit toppings, spreads and ice cream flavors where you can make your own, but if you're feeling indecisive, order any of their signature crepes and you won't be disappointed. Like Tran, I ordered The Mojo, which had strawberries, bananas, vanilla ice cream, and nutella topped with a chocolate Pocky! As if that combination isn't already mouthwateringly blissful, they allow substitutions and even have complimentary coffee (with the good kind of creamer)! To top it all off, they're very moderately priced. You can hang out there as long as you want (well, Yen and I did anyway), play board games (Scrabble, Connect Four, Othello, Battle Ship, etc.), take sticker pictures (for free), post them on their wall, then chat it up with the owners who are super friendly and laid-back (not that I'd personally know since I'm anti-social and just grunt at everyone, but that's what I heard from Yen ;) which in this day and age, joints with that sort of leniency (substitutions and free coffee???) are pretty far and few in between (they're so nice there, you'd want to pay for the coffee)! So if you're in the neighborhood (doing your weekly shopping at Fubon next weekend - you know you are), make sure to swing by, grab a crepe and say hello!

1 comment:

  1. reading all your food blogs makes me want to come home to pdx just to eat. (both american food and my mom's food).

    annie

    ReplyDelete